(IP)-EPIC aims to answer several key questions:
1. Is manual pollination of cocoa sustainable in the long-term? (Can the tree support the enhanced yield?)
2. What insect species are visiting cocoa, and which carry pollen? What are the best pollinators?
3. What role does (a) proximity to forest and (b) shade versus full sun in plantations play in influencing where pollinators are found?
4. Does switching to a lower toxicity pest management strategy positively affect pollination?
5. What methods can work to boost pollination effectively?